Father’s Day Giveaway
ELDERGADGET LLC SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: This promotion (the “Father’s Day Giveaway”) is sponsored by ElderGadget LLC (“ElderGadget”), subject to the following terms and conditions.
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the United States. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. Entrants must:
- be a natural person, at least 18 years old, who is assigned to the e-mail address submitted on your account registration form;
- be a United States citizen or resident alien with a United States physical address;
- be physically located within the United States.; and
- be physically located in a state in which participation in the sweepstakes offered on eldergadget.com is unrestricted by law.
- Note: We may require anyone who is eligible to receive a sweepstakes prize to provide ElderGadget with proof that s/he was eligible to participate in the tournament according to the terms of this Section 2. This proof can include a requirement to provide photographs and/or copies of a valid government-issued ID.
Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. Determination of validity is in the sole discretion of ElderGadget LLC and shall be deemed final.
Employees of Sponsors, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter Sweepstakes. By their submission of entry, participants warrant they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry.
3. TIMING: Sweepstakes begins at 7:00 a.m. PDT on June 28th, 2011 and ends at 2 p.m. on July 28, 2011, unless extended as set forth hereunder. Online entries must be actually received by ElderGadget LLC by 2:00 p.m. PDT on July 28, 2011 to be eligible.
3.1 Sponsor hereby reserves the right to extend the Father’s Day Giveaway drawing date and/or any other deadline or time frame mentioned herein, more than once, if necessary, if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, personal fancy, taste and judgment, determines that such an extension is necessary or advisable under the circumstances. Any such decision to extend shall be final, and if contested, disqualify the entrant.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Click on the link for the contest on the ElderGadget website: http://eldergadget.com
5. PRIZES AND ODDS: Up to five winners will be chosen. Winners will receive one of the following previously-opened products at random: Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf CBTL Kaldi, the Barnes & Noble Nook touch e-reader, the Kodak Pulse 7-inch Frame, the Kodak Easyshare C143 and the Oregon Scientific Talking Wireless BBQ/Oven Thermometer.
Odds of winning shall be determined by the number of eligible entries received. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded and as-is without warrantee of any kind (other than that which may be provided by the manufacturer.) Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize or gift, and will indemnify ElderGadget LLC for any expenses it may incur in connection therewith. Prize will be awarded if properly claimed. Limit one prize per household.
6. DRAWING: Winners will be selected by random drawing from all valid eligible entries received. Drawing will be held on or about July 28, 2011. Drawing will be conducted by Sponsors, whose decisions on all matters related to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding and within their sole discretion. Winning is contingent upon compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these official rules; any entry drawn or any potential winner identified thereby found at any time to fail to comply with these official rules will be held invalid and ineligible for award.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, unless otherwise agreed in writing by Sponsor, no drawing will be held and no prize awarded until and unless 5000 or more valid, completed entries are received. Multiple entries from a single household or related parties shall be counted as only one entry for this purpose.
NOTIFICATION: Winner will be notified by U.S. mail and/or email within two weeks following the drawing. Winner so notified must within ten (10) days of notice of award, complete, execute and return the provided Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including, where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the discretion of Sponsors). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case prize will be awarded to an alternate by random drawing.
9. RELEASE: by participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind, (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Sweepstakes, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Sweepstakes prize, and/or participation in a Sweepstakes prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsors the right to use, publish, and display a winner’s (and where applicable a participant’s) name, city and state, and prize awarded, for the purpose of advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
10. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating they release the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) Entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected: b) Any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Sweepstakes, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); c) Any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof.
Sponsors reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the term and conditions of the Sweepstakes. In the event that the Sweepstakes is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsors corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner(s) will be determined solely by Sponsors in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LAW: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action by you with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. The language in these official rules shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in Los Angeles County, California. You expressly submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consent to extraterritorial service of process.