Senior Friendly Features: Picture Quality [rating:4.5] Burn In [rating:5] Size [rating:3.5] Viewing Angle [rating:4] Fast Motion Blur [rating:4] Light Reflection [rating:3.5] Black Levels [rating:4.5] Altitude [rating:5] Lifespan [rating:4] Power Usage [rating:4.5] Price [rating:3]
Other Features: Sony’s new 40-inch LED HDTV is a good example of convergence. It is a TV, but also incorporates Google TV and a host of web content that you can enjoy while watching your favorite television shows. A fast internal processor handles great picture on the screen as well as being able to connect to the internet and download apps to bring you Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, Picasa, Napster, Netflix, the Android Market, and more. The system is upgradeable via internet downloads as they become available. Now you can watch the game while tracking your fantasy team, tweet about the TV show you’re watching, or update your Facebook status while viewing TV.
The remote has a full keyboard (not full-size keyboard) for easy controlling and typing of searches, posting to social networks, and more. It’s big, black and white and easy to find, even if you tend to lose remotes in your couch cushions.
The TV has plenty of options for input, including HDMI (four of them), composite, component, and USB to connect to your home network, network storage, digital camera and more through four separate USB ports.
- 40-inch, full 1080p HD, LED-backlit Internet TV powered by Google TV
- Google TV brings TV and Internet together, and seamlessly searches your TV, the entire web & apps
- Intel Atom Processor (1.66GHz) for world-class HD video, audio, and advanced graphics
- Surf the web while watching TV using Dual View, stay up to date with an upgradeable OS
- Includes keypad controller with mouse functions, QWERTY keyboard, optical finger sensor
For more information or to purchase a Sony NSX-40GT1, visit Amazon.com.