After receiving a standing ovation, Steve Jobs talked about the one tablet everyone can’t stop talking about: the iPad. What started a revolution last April is back, but this time it’s thinner, lighter and faster.
Yes, we’re talking about iPad 2. While Apple’s press conference has yet to officially end, we wanted to bring you a summary of the iPad 2 features that were highlighted by Jobs. Enjoy!
- A5 dual-core processors
- Jobs says it’s up to twice as fast as a PC
- Graphics are up to nine times faster than first iPad
- Rear and front-facing video cameras
- 33% thinner than first iPad (iPad 2 is 8.8mm thick, iPad is 13.4mm thick)
- Jobs says iPad 2 is thinner than iPhone 4
- iPad 2 weighs 1.3 lbs (iPad weighs 1.5 lbs)
- Comes in two colors, black and white
- White model will begin shipping from Day One, which is March 11
- Works on AT&T and Verizon
- Same 10-hour battery life, same price as first iPad
So there you have it, your first glimpse at iPad 2. So what do you think? Will you be receiving yours on March 12?